Monday, September 20, 2010

happy

I've always taken for granted that the aim of my life is to be happy. baring minor and major occasional acts of stupidity, everything I did was with that motive, ulterior or not.

I studied to be happy, I work to be happy, I travel to be happy, I met interesting people cos out makes me happy, I try to make the people around me to be happy because I'm happy when surrounded by happy people.

I eat because it makes me happy, I drink because it makes me happy, I listen to music because it makes me happy.

I pray because it makes me happy.

but I haven't thought about why I need to be happy.

maybe I don't need to.

maybe I don't need to be.

or maybe I just don't need to be happy.

3 comments:

Pallav said...

Happiness is a warm gun brother...

N

Karishma Sundaram said...

I think everyone's goal is to be happy. However it is what makes a person happy that varies.

What on earth is wrong with aiming to be happy?

krist0ph3r said...

people, people, people.

you're missing the point here.

i'm asking a more basic question here: do i need to be happy? do i want to be happy? there has to be a mean, you know? just like you are sometimes stuffed, sometimes starving...but usually full enough not to care!!! why can't we just aim for, and stay at that spot?

popular posts